- Large wholemeal Lebanese breads
- Tomato paste or BBQ sauce to cover the base
- Toppings of your choice, see variations below
- 200g Low-fat grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 220
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, slice and serve with a green salad.
- Mediterranean: Thinly spread pizza sauce over base. Top with 200g of sliced cooked lamb and finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced zucchini and 150g goat’s cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with fresh basil.
- Barbecued chicken: Thinly spread BBQ sauce over base (instead of tomato paste). Top with 200g sliced, barbecued chicken, sliced mushrooms, finely sliced red onion, red pepper and mozzarella.
- Seafood: Spread tomato paste over base. Top with 200g fresh seafood or use a pre-made frozen marinara mix, thawed. Sprinkle 100g grated mozzarella and chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley over seafood.
- Mexican chilli bean: In a bowl, mix 420g can chilli beans, 410g can corn (drained) and 400g can chopped tomatoes (semi-drained), 1 finely chopped small red onion and 1 chopped red or green capsicum. Omit pizza sauce and spread topping over base. Top with light grated cheddar, instead of mozzarella.
- Potato, rocket and pesto: Spread 1/2 small jar basil pesto over pizza base (instead of tomato paste). Sprinkle with mozzarella. Thinly slice 350g cooked potatoes and place in a single layer, overlapping slightly, over pesto. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with black pepper. Top with Danish feta and bake according to base recipe. Garnish with rocket.
(Visited 97 times, 1 visits today)